Charlie's Blog: Random Thoughts on Various Subjects 39

1.28.2017

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects 39


Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away.
HENNY YOUNGMAN

1. TRUMP ON THE JOB

Wow. You can definitely tell a new sheriff is in town with this guy. Donald Trump has hit the ground running. If every week is like this one, I will be sick of winning in about a month. I am impressed. Trump is off to a good start.

Part of the reason that Trump has been so constructive in the first week is because Obama was so destructive even up to the final hours of his administration. All of this activity is executive order stuff, so Trump has merely reversed what the last guy did. Had Obama not overdone it, Trump wouldn't have so much to do or the power to do it.

I don't agree with all that Trump is doing. I think he is a mercantilist on trade policy, and he seems to be a Keynesian on fiscal policy. I don't see how these can be good things. The biggest thing Trump needs to do is balance the budget. Yet, the guy wants to spend a trillion on infrastructure. FDR would like this sort of thing, and I might like it if we had the money. But this will be debt spending. Either this will be Trump Tower, or this will be the disastrous Trump Taj Mahal. I just remember that Reagan didn't balance his budget either.

Trump's efforts to repeal Obamacare and cut all those regulations will be a shot in the arm for American businesses. The one area I agree with Trump is that we need a reinvigorated private sector. It can't hurt to be pro-business. That will be bring back jobs and revenue. At the least, I am hoping it will cut the sleeves off the straitjacket I have felt locked in for the last eight years.

As for the wall, I support it. I know someone who works in immigration, and I agree with her when she says that it isn't a big deal to send people back home. That part gets forgotten. When people get deported, they don't go to prison or to Hell. They just go home. And if they want to be Americans, do it the legal way.

2. POPE FRANCIS VS. KNIGHTS OF MALTA

The Knights of Malta crossed Pope Francis, and they lost. What Pope Francis doesn't understand is that he has lost by disgracing himself and this pontificate with his Mafia style leadership. He brings scandal to the Roman Catholic Church by striking down those who stand for the One True Faith.


I pray for the Holy Father on a daily basis, but I find myself praying for his contrition and repentance over these matters. Francis is a modernist. I am no fool, and I refuse to engage in the papolatry that tries to cover over these things. I am no Lefebvrist or sedevacantist. I believe Pope Francis is the successor of Peter and holds the keys legitimately. I also believe that he is abusing his power to advance the modernist agenda especially when it comes to allowing communion to adulterers in defiance of what our Lord teaches.

I believe the Lord allows us to endure trials for our benefit. Pope Francis is the trial for those who sincerely believe in the Lord and adhere to the Magisterium. Francis is not the first bad pope to occupy that chair, but I suspect he may be the worst as even the bad popes preceding him left the doctrine untouched.

I have endured eight years of a really bad president, so I can endure this pontificate. I have been through so much that I consider pain and adversity to be the default setting of life. Strength is built through enduring these things. I offer up these sufferings on behalf of the Holy Father. For the sake of the Church and his soul, I pray that he repents and sees the light.

3. GOOD SAMARITANS ARE SMART SAMARITANS



Father Martin is without a doubt the dumbest tweeter on Twitter. I have seen other priests call him out on his doctrinal errors, his unabashed support for sodomy under the guise of "tolerance," and on and on. So, with this tweet, we see Father Martin advocating opening our nation's doors wide open to rapists and murderers. Yet, Trump is not closing the door to these refugees. He is simply putting up a velvet rope and vetting these people to try and eliminate what has happened in Europe--rape and murder by terrorists masquerading as refugees.

Being humane and merciful doesn't mean being stupid. Father Martin is a complete idiot. I mean that in the nicest way possible, but you would be a fool to listen to this fool. His version of the good Samaritan would be to help the robbers instead of the victim in the name of mercy. This is stupid.

4. A VISION OF POPE ST. PIUS X

“I saw one of my successors taking to flight over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in disguise somewhere and after a short retirement he will die a cruel death. The present wickedness of the world is only the beginning of the sorrows which must take place before the end of the world.”

5. QUOTABLE QUOTES

When shepherds of the flock are obedient to the magisterium entrusted to their exercise, then surely the numbers of the flock grow in obedience. If the shepherd isn’t obedient, the flock easily gives way to confusion and error.
CARDINAL BURKE

The modern man has already one-half the condition of salvation: he is miserable.
VENERABLE ARCHBISHOP FULTON SHEEN

Prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by looting, plundering and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it possible to become wealthy by serving your fellow man.
WALTER E. WILLIAMS

It is assumed that the skeptic has no bias; whereas he has a very obvious bias in favour of skepticism.
G.K. CHESTERTON

Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good.
THOMAS SOWELL

More important than petition is adoration, for in it truth will come to us—the truth of life. Everyday cares will find their proper place and our standards will become rightly adjusted. This truth will comfort us; it will put in order what the entanglements and illusions of life have thrown into confusion. It will heal us spiritually so that we may begin anew.
FATHER ROMANO GUARDINI

6. ODDS AND ENDS

--I am enthusiastic about the election of a new prelate for Opus Dei. I pray that the Work will continue in the same path with the new father.

--God save the Queen because Prince Charlie is a disgrace.

--Sending your kids to public school in this day and time is tantamount to child abuse and neglect. Send them to a private school if you can afford it or homeschool if you can't.

--I don't know how much longer I will escape the Gestapo on Twitter. I am always one tweet away from getting banned.


7. LINKS OF INTEREST

Why Don’t We Build Beautiful Churches?

Where did Melchizedek come from?

The ideological purge at the Vatican

And you think it's a mess now? Wait until Bergoglio calls Vatican III -- are we about to live Fatima?

On Immigration, Fr. James Martin Wants to Shame Catholics with Bad Arguments