Charlie's Blog: Gallows Pole

7.10.2016

Gallows Pole


I couldn't get no silver, I couldn't get no gold,
You know that we're too damn poor to keep you from the Gallows Pole.
Hangman, hangman, hold it a little while,
I think I see my brother coming, riding many a mile.
Brother, did you get me some silver?
Did you get a little gold?
What did you bring me, my brother, to keep me from the Gallows Pole?
LED ZEPPELIN, Gallows Pole


This song is a folk song that Zep did for their third album. There are many versions by various artists, but the gist of the story is a condemned man (or maiden) is pleading for mercy and offering a bribe to the executioner. The executioner takes the bribe and still hangs the condemned. The hangman laughs as he says, "But now I laugh and pull so hard And see you swinging on the Gallows Pole." I don't know if there is a lesson there. The hangman strikes me as a sort of satanic figure.

Evil is without mercy. The irony is that evil is always begging for mercy. When evil finds itself on the losing end, it pleads for mercy sort of like Palpatine snivelling and whining in Revenge of the Sith. But when the tables are turned, he is merciless.


I can't help but see Hillary Clinton sharing the same essential nature with Palpatine. She was looking at hard time, but she managed to get mercy. And when she gains power, she will be merciless to her enemies. All the polls indicate that she will beat Trump, and I expect some rigged electioneering in places much like the shenanigans used against Sanders. Whether by honesty or crookery, Hillary will probably become president.

I am taking heat for being a Trump supporter, but I appreciate how evil Hillary Clinton will be. I really wish Cruz had won. There is a part of me that is sickened by the fact that I am left with Trump. I like to listen to Mark Levin on the drive home from work, and I find my views and his are virtually identical. Like Levin, I loved Cruz and hated Trump. The difference is that Levin is still holding out and putting daylight between him and Trump. But, at the end of the day, who are you going to vote for? Levin will cast a ballot for Trump whether he likes it or not. But between now and November, he is going to talk smack about the guy and be disappointed when he sees Hillary celebrating her victory.


I give credit to Levin to being the smartest and most well read pundit on conservative talk radio. He writes his own books, and his message is consistent and always conservative. He is my favorite pundit these days. The problem is that his callers sound a bit exasperated with him because he still bashes on Trump when it is too late to do any good. I am glad the man is principled, but life is about making difficult choices.

It is no secret that Democrat presidents are a boon to conservative talk radio hosts. The anger at a sitting liberal president drives the ratings of talk radio hosts through the roof. I secretly believe that these guys would love to see four years of Hillary. Talk radio thrives on discontent and misery.

Lately, I have been tuning into Alex Jones at Infowars. People who know me learn quickly that I am a fan of loony radio shows like Coast to Coast AM and Caravan to Midnight. Alex Jones is like a bridge between serious talk radio and loony talk radio. Most of the time, I think Alex Jones is a paranoid conspiracy theorist, and I dismiss his 9/11 Truth stuff. But then, he will drop a truth bomb on you like Bohemian Grove, and your mind gets blown. If he was merely talking about this stuff, you would dismiss it all as the rantings of a nutcase except he has actual video footage. Why are elites performing pagan rituals in the woods?


The thing I have learned about Alex Jones is that he may be wrong on some things, but he is exactly right on other things. As such, he is not the boy crying wolf but the canary in the coal mine. His overarching belief is that the globalist elite want to take over the world under the umbrella of one world government. Now, this might be the Illuminati or just some technocrats like the ones running the EU. The actions may or may not be real, but I do believe the agenda is real. Not all conspiracies are theories.

I don't believe in UFOs, alien abduction, chemtrails, 9/11 truth, or a whole host of other crazy stuff. Listening to these people actually helps my sanity because it makes me question the true and the false. The one thing I have changed my mind about over the years and probably makes me a nutcase is that I don't believe in the Lone Gunman Theory of the JFK Assassination. These things happen all the time in other countries and throughout history. It is already well known that the CIA performed such operations during the Cold War. And when you begin to dig into the facts surrounding Oswald and what happened in Dallas, it strains credulity to believe that this guy managed to pull that off by himself. There is also reams of evidence that indicate that Oswald worked for the CIA. I could write a whole book about it except others have already done this.

The JFK thing matters to me a great deal because it shows that this country suffered a coup. If they could do it, could it be done again? The simple fact is that our government has been shady and corrupt for longer than we know.

The belief that 9/11 was an inside job is one I cannot believe. I can believe that the Saudis or the Mossad knew about it, but I cannot believe that members of our government plotted and pulled off this act. It is too elaborate, and people would talk. Such a conspiracy could not hold. So, why did the JFK conspiracy hold together? It didn't. People have talked, and people have died for talking.

I used to not believe any of this stuff until I became convinced that Lee Harvey Oswald was working for the CIA. He was a low level guy, and they made him expendable. If Oswald is truly innocent, then his story is a sad one indeed. Ask yourself one question. How does a guy get a job in the Texas School Book Despository one month before JFK rides through Dealey Plaza? I could understand him being in the building if he was the assassin, but the job thing makes it too convenient. Oswald could have known about the visit but not the itinerary or the route of the motorcade. Basically, Oswald did it all on the spur of the moment with virtually no planning at all except to take a rifle to work.

I believe that the people who orchestrated the assassination simply told Oswald to get the job there. They had already picked him for the patsy. I believe JFK was shot from multiple directions by multiple gunmen. And I believe that JFK was marked for death ever since he messed up the Bay of Pigs invasion. Throw in a Cuban Missile Crisis and talks of peace with Kruschev, and the Cold Warriors decided that Kennedy had to go for the good of the country. They always wanted Nixon, and they knew Kennedy stole that election thanks to crooked Chicago. They killed him with a clean conscience believing the end justified the means.

I could be wrong on this, but it is hard to study up on Lee Harvey Oswald and conclude that he was just some deranged loser shifting around the country. The guy knew Russian and spent time in Russia as a "defector" after doing service in the USMC. That is too bizarre to be believed unless you conclude that he was a CIA flunky. As for the CIA, I recommended reading up on Project MKUltra to understand how foolish and evil a government agency can be. If they could do that, assassinating JFK doesn't seem as farfetched.